[infinispan-dev] very interesting performance results

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Jan 27 06:20:34 EST 2012

On 27 January 2012 11:07, Mircea Markus <mircea.markus at jboss.com> wrote:

> On 26 Jan 2012, at 23:04, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>
>> Very nice!
>> All my previous tests also confirm that there is a correlation between PUT and GET performance, when one increases the other goes down.
>>
>> These PUT operations are doing a GET as well, correct? I'd love to see such graphs using SKIP_REMOTE_LOOKUP.
> it is configured with unsafe return values. With safe return, the values might get even better...
>> How long are you warming up the VM? As mentioned in the other thread, I've discovered that even under high load it will take more than 15 minutes before all of Infinispan's code is running in compiled mode.
> The warmup is 100k operations, doesn't seem too much.

I'm now experimenting with -XX:CompileThreshold=10 , and it's fairly
warmed up only after 100k Write operations and a million read
operations. And that's all in the same VM!

Maybe you could try RadarGun making sure that each VM runs at least a
million operations in the warmup phase? Maybe it doesn't matter at
all, but I'd measure rather than guess it.
Also your test is different than mine; maybe a better strategy is to
figure out what's your correct warmup by looking at the output of
-XX:+PrintCompilation, and see how long it takes before it's
relatively quiet.