[infinispan-dev] very interesting performance results

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Fri Jan 27 08:31:42 EST 2012

My experiments where using the default JVM settings regarding compile
settings, with these others:

-Xmx2G -Xms2G -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-Xss512k -XX:HeapDumpPath=/tmp/java_heap
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djgroups.bind_addr=127.0.0.1
-Dlog4j.configuration=file:/opt/log4j.xml -XX:+PrintCompilation
-Xbatch -server -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseLargePages
-XX:LargePageSizeInBytes=2m -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch

And it's with these options that after 30 minutes of full-stress it's
still not finished warming up all of Infinispan+JGroups code.
After that I stated I was going to *experiment* with
-XX:CompileThreshold=10", to see if I could get it to compile in a
shorter time, just to save me from waiting too long in performance
tests. It doesn't seem to matter much, so I'm reverting it back to the
above values (default for this parameter for my VM is 10000).

-- Sanne

On 27 January 2012 11:54, Bela Ban <bban at redhat.com> wrote:
> Make sure you check the values for the server JVM, not the client JVM !
> 1500 might be for the client JVM...
>
> On 1/27/12 12:50 PM, Mircea Markus wrote:
>>
>> On 27 Jan 2012, at 11:36, Bela Ban wrote:
>>
>>> 10 is an awfully small value; in my experience (I had a default of 100
>>> for my JGroups perf tests), this made the tests longer than with the