[infinispan-dev] JBoss Libra

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 04:34:40 EST 2012

IMO, measuring object size using java.lang.instrument is not a good
idea: first of all, it's probably very slow and the time to do so is
linear to the number of live objects. Second, this probably takes into
acount only objects in the cache, but not the cache structures used by
Infinispan, JGroups and so on...

The approach I've recommended before is to trigger an eviction policy
based on free/available memory. This can easily be fetched from the JVM
via JMX...

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups (http://www.jgroups.org)