[infinispan-dev] Are user classes/objects stored as MarshalledValues in AS?

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Tue Jul 24 18:31:57 EDT 2012

Galder and others,

Need some help! I am looking at
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2138 and trying to understand what
is going on! I tried example in ISPN-2138 and I confirmed the findings.
It must be that TestEntry instances put in cache are stored as
MarshalledValues! If I try the same example with Integer - Map/Reduce in
AS works fine. Mind you this is release 5.1.2 and MapReduceCommand used
to be executed at end of interceptor chain loading key/value pairs like
this:

         for (Object key : keys) {
             GetKeyValueCommand command =
commandsFactory.buildGetKeyValueCommand(key,
                      ctx.getFlags());
             command.setReturnCacheEntry(false);
             Object value = invoker.invoke(ctx, command);
             mapper.map(key, value, collector);
          }

then I am suspecting MarshalledValue is not unwrapped somehow to user
class TestEntry before being passed to Mapper! This is not how we do
things in 5.2.0Alpha2 - we use cache directly but I am unable to test
that yet in latest AS - still fighting with a build.

Regards,
Vladimir