[infinispan-dev] DIST, state transfer and cache loaders

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Thu Jun 14 02:20:31 EDT 2012

It occurred to me that I'm not sure how state transfer happens in
conjunction with cache loaders, can someone confirm that the statements
below are correct / incorrect ?
Cheers !

- Say we have {A,B,C,D}, all nodes are configured with a disk-based
(local) cache loader

- Key K is mapped to A and B

- After some idle time, K is evicted from A and B

- Now B leaves

- A state transfer of some keys (mapped to A) happens to B

- As part of the state transfer from A to B, do we iterate through the
data stored in A's cache loader ?
   (Because if we only iterated through the in-memory data on A, we'd
not transfer K)

Is this done nowadays ?

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)