[infinispan-dev] Finding unused dependecies in infinispan distribution zip

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Jun 18 15:32:15 EDT 2012

On 18 June 2012 17:35, Vladimir Blagojevic <vblagoje at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 12-06-18 10:42 AM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>> Everyone, please have a look and confirm that all of the dependencies
>> here are actually necessary in each module.

Almost all my dependencies are needed depending on what the user
wants, which options he chooses to enable.
For example, Infinispan Query depends on Hibernate Search "engine" and
Lucene-Core, and from that we stricly require only
hibernate-commons-annotations. But it's very likely you want to use
custom Analyzers, which then triggers Solr packages, a dozen of jars
containing the analyzer extensions, SLF4J, commons-logging,
commons-lang, etc...

Others like Apache Avro + Jackson are needed only if you want
clustering. So that's optional ?

Were should we draw the line? Should we cut them all out, and have a
readme mentioning "download from here" ?

If that's the case, I'd want to test it without those jars too, to
make sure I'm not removing something which is actually needed: I'd add
additional integration-testing modules.

> What are these woodstox libraries used for in core? Can not find them in
> our code as compile dependencies?

It's used to parse the configuration files.