[infinispan-dev] Unexpected partial state transfer

Rusk, Patrick Patrick_Rusk at ssga.com
Wed Jun 27 11:53:20 EDT 2012

We recently upgraded our Infinispan from 4.2 to 5.1.5. A behavior that we encountered afterwards was that some of our important replicated caches would only have partial state after their initial state transfer was complete. The rest of the state never seems to make it over, either.

Under 4.2, if any keys became available in the cache, they were all there. We have always considered full state transfer to be appropriate for our app because our caches are small and all of the data is needed for our rules engine calculations.

Is there any discussion of this change in behavior in the documentation or forums? Is it driven by parameters that we might be unaware of?

Thanks.

Pat