[infinispan-dev] configuration limitations

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 06:07:58 EST 2012

Hi,

Here is config related problem and a suggested solution.
CloudTM's total order requires some new configuration attributes. These attributes should only be added to the new config hierarchy and not be present in the deprecated hierarchy.

The problem is  that when we build a cache with the *new* configuration object, it is internally translated to the old configuration object and then passed to the cache. All our components use references to old-configs. This doesn't work is my scenario, as I don't want the old configuration to be aware of total order. I actually don't even want my new classes to depend on the old configuration, as it is deprecated.

The proper fix for this is to use new Configuration hierarchy internally but that's a massive change. So what I've done is to make the old configuration object hold a reference to the new configuration. This also helps making the new configuration available by @Inject. Any other suggestions?

Cheers
Mircea
--
Mircea Markus