[infinispan-dev] [jboss-as7-dev] AS7-4007 missing Infinispan dependency for clustered JPA second level cache

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 14:02:44 EST 2012

On Mar 6, 2012, at 6:31 PM, Paul Ferraro wrote:

> [...]

Well, this is not exactly correct since 5.0. Internally, we differentiate between a global marshaller and a per-cache marshaller. What's the difference? The classloader with which they're configured.

Since 5.0, you can configure the classloader to use per cache. You can even configure the classloader per invocation with cache.with(cl)….

If that's not helping you, we were wasting our time when we did this...

> To work around this, we typically store MarshalledValues in the cache - which are marshalled/unmarshalled using a marshalling configuration specific to the application (e.g. via a ModularClassResolver using the ModuleLoader of the deployment unit).
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/clustering/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/clustering/MarshalledValue.java
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/clustering/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/clustering/SimpleMarshalledValue.java
> https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/clustering/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/clustering/HashableMarshalledValue.java

Isn't a class resolver and a class loader, functionality wise, doing the same thing? I wonder if a custom classloader could not be built that delegates to a ModularClassResolver...

> So, essentially Infinispan itself only ever has to marshal/unmarshal a byte[] wrapper - so the AS has full control over the marshalling process.
>
> I would recommend that the 2LC do something similar, and include a mechanism for providing a MarshallingConfiguration per persistence unit.

Possibly…

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache