[infinispan-dev] [jboss-as7-dev] AS7-4007 missing Infinispan dependency for clustered JPA second level cache

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 14:45:03 EST 2012

On 03/06/2012 02:27 PM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> So, to summarise all of this. What I suggest is this:
>
> - Short term:
> The "quick fix" I suggest in http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/infinispan-dev/2012-March/010317.html

Do we want to try this (requires a new build of Infinispan I think)?  Or
should applications workaround the issue until we can reach the
medium/long term?

> - Medium term:
> Have a way to pass in marshalling configurations per cache manager and per-cache (or an abstraction of it), which allows the right class resolver to be passed in. (***)
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1367

ISPN-1367 is targeted to Infinispan 5.2, any idea of the target release
date for that?  I'm curious as to which AS release it might align with.

> - Long term:
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-1413
>
> (***) I still don't fully understand how web apps don't have the same issue as 2LC of not seeing Infinispan classes (Reminder: we're not talking about the contents of the cache, but about the Infinispan classes themselves).

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/web/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/web/deployment/JBossContextConfig.java
appears to be wired to use Paul's ClassLoaderAwareClassResolver.