[infinispan-dev] Non-blocking state transfer (ISPN-1424)

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 05:53:55 EST 2012

Hey Dan,

Thanks very much for writing this up! Some questions:

1. What's "steady state" ? Running status after state transfer has happened?

2. In L1, I don't understand what you mean in "we do need to add the old no-longer-owners as requestors for the transferred keys". Do we really need L1OnRehash? What's the use case/motivation for this option?

3. Recovery cache, just wondering, shouldn't we configure such cache with a cache store by default? Would that help?

4. What's the data container snapshot exactly? What kind of impact would it have on memory consumption?

One last comment: There's a lot of detail in that wiki which is hard to fully understand. I think it would really help to build some diagrams explaining some of the process to help the community understand better your design, or alternative solutions. WDYT?

Cheers,

On Mar 8, 2012, at 10:55 AM, Dan Berindei wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> It's been a long time coming, but I finally published the non-blocking
> state transfer draft on the wiki:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/Non-blockingStateTransfer
>
> Unlike my previous state transfer design document, I think I've
> fleshed out most of the implications. Still, there are some things I
> don't have a clear solution for yet. As you would expect it's mostly
> around merging and delayed state transfer.
>
> I'm looking forward to hearing your comments/advice!
>
> Cheers
> Dan
>
> PS: Let's discuss this over the mailing list only.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache