[infinispan-dev] Non-blocking state transfer (ISPN-1424)

Erik Salter an1310 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 09:16:01 EDT 2012

Hi Dan,

This statement makes me nervous.  Would we still have inconsistencies in a
transactional context as well?

"We didn't discuss this in London, I added it afterwards as I realized
that without forwarding we'll be losing data. I didn't realize at the
time, however, that the current design has the same problem.

I think I see a problem with my request forwarding plan: the requests
will have a different source, so JGroups will not ensure an ordering
between them and the originator's subsequent requests. This means
we'll have inconsistencies anyway, so perhaps it would be better if we
stuck to the current design's limitations and remove the requirement
for old targets to forward commands to new ones."

Regards,

Erik