[infinispan-dev] Running the testsuite and being able to work with IDE

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 05:50:56 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a tip that's helped me in the last few months get more productive

You might have seen that once you run the testsuite in the infinispan source code, IntelliJ kinda goes a bit mad re-indexing and the IDE becomes unusable.

Eventually I got fed up of this and what I do instead is rsync to a separate folder with:

rsync -av --exclude '.git' --exclude '*.class' --exclude 'target' --delete ~/Go/code/infinispan.git/ .

I do this from say: ~/Go/test/infinispan.git which crucially is not a git clone which avoids accidental commits from that folder.

Then, I always run the testsuite from that test folder after rsyncing. That way, I can carry on doing stuff in the IDE while the testsuite runs in the background.

Having SSD and 8gb ram help of course too :)

Cheers,

p.s. If you have any other tips that have helped you, please share.
Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache