[infinispan-dev] Running the testsuite and being able to work with IDE

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Mar 21 16:03:31 EDT 2012

On 21 March 2012 16:42, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2012, at 11:11 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how you could have missed all the times I mention this
>> script from Emmanuel ;-)
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/789588
>
> I've seen it and the script several times and no matter how many times I look at it, I still don't see how it fits my use case.

It could help giving it a try rather than looking at it :D

> I've always understood that Emmanuel's script works with committed changes and clones a repo and that's not what I want for a couple of reasons:
>
> 1. Just want to uncommitted test changes.

I guess that's the main point on which our opinions diverge. This
means the pull requests you send are not what you have tested, as you
might have an index in different state.
We consider it a big value to test only what's committed.

This makes me think you blindly "add all" to avoid mistakes: likely
again matter of taste, but I think that approach is not encouraging
better looking patches.

> 2. I don't want the copy to be clone in order to avoid committing things in the wrong place.

You could export rather than clone, but I don't feel your need as this
clone is going to happen to a path which your nor your IDE nor your
terminal are pointing to.

> Feel free to correct me….
>
>> And this one is from myself, also useful imho:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/1086445
>
> Hmmm, how far does it go opening JIRAs? I mean, if I integrate ISPN-9999, I don't want all past JIRAs to open, just ISPN-9999.

Why would it open all previous issues?
It only looks at the history of commits between HEAD and master,
usually no more than a dozen of commits, and extracts identifiers
which look like JIRA issue codes.
Granted it works only for branches "targeting" master, don't use it
when reviewing [for example] a commit backported to 5.1.x.

> I use Chrome btw.

sorry to hear Chrome can't open JIRA ..