[infinispan-dev] Design of temote event handling in Hot Rod

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:30:21 EDT 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Feb 21, 2012, at 5:50 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:
>
>> E.g., if client C is connected to 2 server nodes S1 and S2, we don't want both S1 and S2 to send back the same notification,
>
> +1 again, this can very easily done by using the isLocal() call in listeners. I was only planning to send notifications from the node where the operation is local, which gets around this issue.

The operation is local on numOwner nodes, not on just one. And one
client is very likely to have connections to all numOwner nodes.

At the same time, the client may not be connected to the primary node
yet (running the operation on a backup node), so you can't say only
the primary owner will send notifications.