[infinispan-dev] Cluster wide node name uniqueness

Thomas Fromm tf at tfromm.com
Thu May 3 11:14:03 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've the requirement, that I need configurable cluster node names. These
names should be unique inside the cluster, new nodes with already
existing node names inside the cluster should be rejected to joind the
cluster and should fail at startup with an appropiate exception.

Additional, because I need these names in case of view events, something
like CacheManager.getNodeName(Address address)

Its a bit tricky to realise that using only the ISPN API, so I'd prefer
that could be done inside ISPN.

Is this change request possible for 5.2? What o you think?

--tf