[infinispan-dev] range query in Infinispan !!

Prabhat Jha pjha at redhat.com
Mon May 14 12:40:01 EDT 2012

I have not used Infinispan's Query or Map/Reduce functionalities yet
because of them not being in JDG yet. Yes, we can use those to get what
I have mentioned. Query should be more straight forward and simpler than
M/R I think. But Query has dependency on Lucene and I have experienced
great pain in the past when using Lucene and FileSystem for shared storage.

My perspective is a bit different. I am arguing for a "simpler" solution
for a problem that I find to be very common. Similar to how in
Cassandra, you can easily query based on a time range and the order you
want.