[infinispan-dev] Hybrid locking scheme in ISPN 5.2.0

Paolo Romano romano at inesc-id.pt
Tue May 15 12:33:31 EDT 2012

On 5/15/12 5:21 PM, Manik Surtani wrote:

> On 15 May 2012, at 17:10, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>
>> You have not yet given me a single reason why we should put back
>> something that's flawed. All you've said is: i rely on X and I want
>> it back.
>
> Well, the old scheme was broken and there are several good reasons why
> we moved to a more consistent approach.
I agree Manik, the new locking scheme has been a major improvement, it
makes no sense to spend effort to re-base it on 5.2 ... it's only that a
certain point we misunderstood (or if you want, hoping) that it was
still available somewhere using some mysterious configuration flag :-)

> Diego, can't your work be modified to work with the new schemes?
That's the plan. It can, and it will... the point is if we will make it
in time for our project's review (mid june)... but we like challenges! ;-)