[infinispan-dev] Time for a new NBST thread

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:59:27 EDT 2012

Hi guys

I published a new version of the non-blocking state transfer design
document here:
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/Non-blockingStateTransfer

This time I focused a bit on the "other" cache configuration (other
than dist-sync, that is). This revealed some new problems, these are
the most interesting ones:
* With async-commit phase or async-1pc, we can get stale locks on
joiners. I have an Infinispan-only approach that should work, but it
may be easier to just require FLUSH.
* Async-commit + recovery enabled: a node sends a commit command to 2
owners, one node loses the message, and then the originator dies
before retransmitting. How do we let the TM know that the transaction
is in-doubt, since to the TM it looks like it has been committed?

Please try to read the document and let me know if anything sounds too
opaque or doesn't make sense. I think it's good enough for starting
the implementation, although I've removed the actual implementation
details from the document for now.

Cheers
Dan