[infinispan-dev] Let's stop with pull requests

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Tue May 29 05:30:57 EDT 2012

When I handle pull reqs, I sometimes see random testsuite failures which often are not related to patch itself.

What I do then is send an email to an author, or expert in the test with TRACE log and failure information, and ask to look into it.

They might not look into it immediately (for several), but eventually they should get around to doing it, and it's a know issue then.

In this cases, we should maybe disable the tests and mark the person's name, but I don't see an easy way of checking globally which tests are disabled.

Again, this tries to find a balance between improving our testsuite and moving forward with the N other priorities we have.

Sr. Software Engineer
Infinispan, JBoss Cache