[infinispan-dev] Prepare and Rollback messages order

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Thu May 31 13:48:00 EDT 2012

On 31 May 2012, at 16:53, Sebastiano Peluso wrote:
> Hi Mircea,
>
> thanks for the answer. But can you confirm that the rollback command is
> sent after the reception of all the participants' acknowledgements even
> if we run Infinispan in *distribution* mode?
>
> In particular, does the prepare phase break the cycle at line 335 of the
> CommandAwareRpcDispatcher [1] if one of the remote prepares throws an
> exception? In this case I think that the get() method of the associated
> Future object throws an exception as well.
You are actually right, the broadcast would react to the first exception and send the rollback, potentially causing a reordering and a transaction leak.
I've created a JIRA[1] to track this together with a unit test  - thank you Sebastiano for the very good observation!

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2081