[infinispan-dev] public API/what should be preserve between minor releases?

Mircea Markus mmarkus at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 12:02:41 EST 2012

Hi,

Cache, CacheManager and all the API that's in the org.infinispan package needs to be backward compatible.

What about more obscure stuff, e.g.
RpcManager.invokeRemotelyInFuture(Collection<Address> recipients, ReplicableCommand rpc, boolean usePriorityQueue, NotifyingNotifiableFuture<Object> future);

This is still accessible through cache.getAdvancedCache().getRpcManager(), so it still counts as public API. I doubt that any user is using that method directly, but OTOH it's public so who knows.
What do people think? Shall we be strict with regard to such 'obscure' methods between minor releases?

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)