[infinispan-dev] Failover and state of Callable in dist.exec

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 12:59:46 EST 2012

I'd keep it as it is, by making promises about preserving the callable
state you're opening a lot of edge cases that you need to document. You
have to also specify when the state is not preserved: if the target leaves
the cluster, if there is a replication timeout, if there is a problem with
serialization of the intermediate state, and so on...

Besides, I don't think this feature would interact with transactions very
well, because the Callable would be reading values from the cache in one
transaction (on the original target) and using the same values in a
different transaction (on the failover target) - with no consistency
guarantees.

Cheers
Dan