[infinispan-dev] Separate ExecutorService for map/reduce tasks?

Vladimir Blagojevic vblagoje at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 15:07:44 EST 2012

Hi,

Although https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2284 is charted for 6.0 I
would like to see if there is a possibility to finish it for 5.2. Most
of the parallel execution I have done already this and last week [1].
However, this change is not limited to map/reduce package only as we
might possibly want to have a separate executor for map/reduce execution
on each node. These changes affect global configuration and are not
confined to map/reduce packages only. Or should we simply use transport
executor for execution of these tasks for now and should the need arise
introduce separate executor in the future releases?

Regards,
Vladimir

[1] https://github.com/vblagoje/infinispan/tree/t_2284