[infinispan-dev] Query testsuite / MultiNodeDistributedTest

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 15:49:02 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org>wrote:

> I just updated my local copy of Infinispan and this is the result in
> the Query testsuite:
>
> Failed tests:
>
> testIndexingWorkDistribution(org.infinispan.query.distributed.MultiNodeDistributedTest):
> expected:<5> but was:<4>
>
> OR:
>
> Failed tests:
>
> testIndexingWorkDistribution(org.infinispan.query.distributed.MultiNodeDistributedTest):
> expected:<5> but was:<4>
>
> testQueryAfterAddingNewNode(org.infinispan.query.statetransfer.StateTransferQueryDistributedIndexTest):
> org.infinispan.CacheException: Unable to invoke method public void
>
> org.infinispan.statetransfer.StateTransferManagerImpl.waitForInitialStateTransferToComplete()
> throws java.lang.InterruptedException on object of type
> StateTransferManagerImpl
>
> It doesn't fail all the time, but almost every time. It passed the
> testsuite once, and it timeouts initial state transfer very often
> (attached thread dump)
>
> Doesn't look like NBST is non blocking after all?

DefaultCacheManager.getCache() is still blocking until the joiner receives
some state (i.e. owns at least one segment in the consistent hash).

The pre-existing nodes are not blocked during this state transfer, and in
fact we didn't block the joiner either at the beginning but I re-added the
wait to fix some tests "the easy way". I created a task in JIRA to
re-enable this, although I'm not sure if it should be the default:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2366