[infinispan-dev] RAC: Reliable Asynchronous Clustering

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Mon Oct 8 04:21:47 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've come up with an alternative to sync TX updates across sites. It's
based on the requirement that we need high reliability between sites,
but yet it isn't feasible to run 2PCs across sites. RAC [1] is supposed
to be almost as fast as async replication and close to the reliability
sync replication provides.

I've published the design at [1], and we'll present it in more detail at
our clustering meeting in Palma early November.

Comments and feedback are welcome !

[1] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/RAC

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)