[infinispan-dev] RAC: Reliable Asynchronous Clustering

Erik Salter an1310 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 15:17:51 EDT 2012

Hi Bela,

I think the concept of memory as stable storage is a good one, except we
will also need to account for virtualized nodes.  For instance, we'd want
updaters {A,B,C} to be on separate machines, if possible, and the ranking
process of new views should also account for the physical machine they're
on.  This way we could lose entire machines and still know what keys to
update.

In essence, this is a similar concept that a TopologyAwareCH uses.

Thanks,

Erik