[infinispan-dev] admin operations for xsite replication

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 06:15:04 EDT 2012

On 10/12/12 11:47 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

>> [1] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Cross+site+replication#Crosssitereplication-Takingasiteoffline
>
> I understand afterFailure, but I don't understand minTimeToWait. What is minTimeToWait really used for? " the minimal number of millis to wait…" - wait for what?

If afterFailures="10", but 50 conccurrent TXs notice the failure of a
site, then a site could be offline in a few milliseconds, so
minTimeToWait is the min time we *need* to wait if afterFailures has
been exceeded, before taking a site offline.

Mircea, I guess the documentation need to be a bit clearer on this, I
suggest adding a better description.

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)