[infinispan-dev] Infinispan 5.1.x Object marshalling with and without a class table in use and unmarshalling smacking its head against the wall...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Oct 15 19:56:55 EDT 2012

On 10/15/2012 06:07 PM, Dennis Reed wrote:
> On 10/15/2012 04:21 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:

>>> Didn't seem to help.  I attached server.log's to ISPN-2330, not that I
>>> expect them to be that useful directly (I don't have Infinispan trace
>>> logging enabled, just added my own INFO level output and various
>>> printlns also in infinispan/jboss-marshalling).
>>>
>>> I'll send an update later when I have more information to share.
>>

>> For my issue, stop/start methods don't appear to be involved.
>> http://pastebin.com/QiGV7F3b shows us creating a new
>> ExtendedRiverMarshaller/ContextClassResolver pair which is soon used
>> for marshalling.
>
> The stop method is involved.
>
> Your logs attached to the JIRA show the error start happening when you
> redeploy your war.
> During the undeploy it calls JBossMarshaller.stop, then during the
> deploy it gets the error because of the wrong class resolver.
>
>> I do see some calls to JBossMarshaller.stop() during my testing but
>> that is very early in the test run (well before any of this occurs and
>> well after the failures occur).
>>
>> I'll stop commenting on ISPN-2330, since my issue appears to be
>> different.
>
> It's not different.  You are hitting ISPN-2330.

All the better if I'm wrong, as we will solve both problems with one
fix.  :)

I don't see it yet though.  I attached new logs to ISPN-2330 with a
little more information (clearer indication of when the problem is
caused in jbossas-clustering-SYNC-tcp-0/standalone/log/server.log).

Both the ContextClassResolver and the ExtendedRiverMarshaller are
created well after the last JBossMarshalling.stop() occurred.  Also, if
we are creating a new ExtendedRiverMarshaller and using that when this
failure occurs, that should have nothing to do with any JBossMarshaller
instances.

Also note that the jbossmarshaller.stop() is only logged at the
beginning of the testsuite run and near the end (in