[infinispan-dev] Avoid Collections.emptySet() / emptyMap() / emptyList

Erik Salter an1310 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:23:50 EDT 2012

From: infinispan-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org
[mailto:infinispan-dev-bounces at lists.jboss.org] On Behalf Of Dan Berindei
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 3:55 PM
To: infinispan -Dev List
Subject: Re: [infinispan-dev] Avoid Collections.emptySet() / emptyMap() /
emptyList

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com>
wrote:

On 10/19/2012 06:28 PM, Dan Berindei wrote:
> Galder, what JDK are you using? OpenJDK 1.7 uses
> EmptyIterator.EMPTY_ITERATOR since 2007:

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7/jdk7/jdk/annotate/37a05a11f281/src/share/cla
sses/java/util/Collections.java

> I don't have JDK 1.6 sources on hand to check, but I don't think it's
> worth optimizing for such an old version anyway.

An old version which is probably in use in most production environments :)

If they aren't ready to upgrade to JDK7, I doubt they're willing to upgrade
to Infinispan 5.2 :)

FYI, I'm using ISPN 5.2 on JDK6 (on a hacked up JBossESB container).  Plus
who knows what wacky configurations you're supporting on the JDG side.