[infinispan-dev] Cluster scaling

Thomas Fromm tf at tfromm.com
Tue Oct 23 08:27:18 EDT 2012

On 23.10.2012 00:55, Matej Lazar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to simplify a scenario lets say that I have a distributed cache with no copies on a cluster of two nodes.
>
> Is stop operation blocked and waiting for cache data to be transferred to the other node, when one node is stopped (normal stop, not a failure)?
>
> My use case is using Infinispan in JBoss AS (CapeDwarf).
> How is node stopping behaving in Infinispan standalone and how in AS ?

In standalone the data from the node which shuts down is not loaded to
other nodes.
IMHO this behaviour is correct one, otherwise depending on amount of
data the shutdown could take some time. Useful could be an feature
request that "lost" entries are loaded from store, if store exists.
(This feature I miss too ;-)

Attached simple example as test case.