[infinispan-dev] Cluster scaling

Matej Lazar mlazar at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 11:03:23 EDT 2012

Yes, CapeDwarf uses Infinispan as persistent store.

IMO Infinispan should provide setting to enable lossless shutdown, if we want to use it for storage or distributed file system etc. As I understand external storage is the only option.

In a cloud environment, where nodes (server instances) come and go, relaying on external storage will force a user to use centralized store. Which is not the best solution if a user has requirements to work with distributed storage in the first place.

I create a ticket, as I think further discussion is required on this topic.
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-2445

Matej.