[infinispan-dev] X-S question

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Tue Sep 25 07:18:14 EDT 2012

Hi Martin,

Adding infinspan-dev as more people might be interested in this.
On 25 Sep 2012, at 10:13, Martin Gencur wrote:

> Hi Mircea,
> I have a question that was here some time ago but I would like to know the current status: Do you plan to support update operations on remote backups? The last answer in July was that this was out of the scope for the time being.
if cache at siteA and cache at siteB are configured to backup data one into the other, then a user is allowed to write to both sites at the same time.
If the data written is disjunct then there's no possibility for inconsistency disregarding the replication mode.
if there is a chance for concurrent writes on the same data on different sites, then SYNC backup with FAIL replication policy should guarantee that the updates are consistent cluster wise.

> I'm asking because we would like to include this into our test plan if possible.
+1.

> Thanks
>
> --
> Martin Gencur
> --
> QE Lead, JBoss Data Grid
> Desk phone: +420 532 294 192, ext. 62192

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)