[infinispan-dev] Issue with cache blocks for local read-only cache

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Tue Sep 25 12:17:49 EDT 2012

On 25 Sep 2012, at 16:41, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:

> 3. This is a solution that still requires locking. A lock-free solution, where we can capture the version when an entry is going to be deleted (via lockItem() implementation in 2LC), and we can compare it with the one from the putFromLoad() would surely be performant IMO. Btw, I've assigned https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-506 to myself in order to investigate this and move towards such a solution.

I have no issues with you looking at ISPN-506, but just keep in mind we have a much easier and less intrusive solution which will still give us a big performance improvement when using the lock() API, as detailed in this thread.

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani

Platform Architect, JBoss Data Grid
http://red.ht/data-grid