[infinispan-dev] x-site configuration: do we really need backupFor element?

Mircea Markus mircea.markus at jboss.com
Wed Sep 26 06:54:27 EDT 2012

On 26 Sep 2012, at 07:57, Galder Zamarreño wrote:

> Hmmmm, I see what you mean now. Just to be clear, if the remote and local cache names were really different, it'd be like this, right?
> https://gist.github.com/3786481

I'm not sure what you mean by "really-different", but the config seems right ..

> Now, what about this option instead?
> https://gist.github.com/3786484

That would work as well.
With that config though, if you decide to change the cache name on the backup NYC cache  e.g. from "users" to "backupForUsers"[1] then you'd have to also change stuff in the "LON" cache. I don't think this is a critical requirement but I'd like to define the cache in the site that holds the backup data, and not in the site that backups its data "somewhere".

[1] https://gist.github.com/3786481

Mircea Markus
Infinispan lead (www.infinispan.org)