[infinispan-dev] QueryIterator inconsistencies

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Sep 26 10:04:34 EDT 2012

Ales,
+1 for removing it all: your vote is valuable as our most interesting user.

@Manik, I think rewriting CacheQuery is a much bigger change as I'd
expect most people to use the simpler
org.infinispan.query.CacheQuery.list() output.

Also if we deprecate the old methods, we'll need to implement them
correctly for clustered queries as well which is a massive amount of
work, not worth it since we agreed the API is useless in its current
form.

@Luksa you seem to have a solid understanding of what need to be
done.. do whatever you need to make this API make sense.
Iterable<Object> looks like the contract to go.

@Emmanuel great point, I was about screwing projections up again :-)

Cheers,
Sanne