[infinispan-dev] would this work?

Manik Surtani msurtani at redhat.com
Thu Apr 4 10:31:28 EDT 2013

On 4 Apr 2013, at 13:49, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Once we have the x-protocols data access in place, do you see any issues with this approach:
> - hotrod java client + Avro writes an "Person" object
> - mechached C++ client reads the binary representation from the server and deserialize it with Avro into a C++ "Person" object

Yes, it should.  And good idea, this will help us test cross-platform without a requirement for more Hot Rod clients at this stage.

> - would whit work with REST as well?

Not sure - I presume so, if Avro-serialized streams can then be base64-encoded/decoded.

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani

Platform Architect, JBoss Data Grid
http://red.ht/data-grid