[infinispan-dev] would this work?

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 04:12:33 EDT 2013

On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:49 PM, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Once we have the x-protocols data access in place, do you see any issues with this approach:
> - hotrod java client + Avro writes an "Person" object
> - mechached C++ client reads the binary representation from the server and deserialize it with Avro into a C++ "Person" object

^ Hmmm, any Avro work I did was based around basic types and collections of basic types. For custom types, Google Protocol buffers probably better which allows you to define structure of types via .idl files and generate the corresponding code for C/Java/Python?

Also, have not really looked at the feasibility of Avro marshaller for C/C++.

> - would whit work with REST as well?

^ As long as the client code (whatever language that is) calling REST can transform the payload, then yes.

Cheers,

galder at redhat.com
twitter.com/galderz

Project Lead, Escalante