[infinispan-dev] query repl timeout

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 03:51:45 EDT 2013

Hey Dan,

first, thanks for looking into this!

> I managed to start the app with 3 nodes on my laptop, and it inserted a flight in about 26.7 seconds with TRACE enabled for org.infinispan. However, when I counted the number of cache commands being executed and I got 55000 (8700 of which went remote), which seems way too much for a single insert. (The log file grew by more than 100 MB.)

Yeah, with trace you get insane number of log lines.

Although, this seems to show that again our logging doesn't really work as expected.
* https://github.com/capedwarf/capedwarf-jboss-as/blob/master/extension/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/capedwarf/deployment/CapedwarfLoggingParseProcessor.java#L83
As we explicitly exclude logs from the frameworks/libs we use internally in CapeDwarf.

@Luksa: we need to check this, again ... :-)

@James: do you see any obvious mistakes in our logging deployer?

> I think there may be a cycle whereas each operation on a cache generates a log message, which then triggers a change in the Lucene caches, which writes another log message, and so on.

That's why we excluded the internal frmwrks/libs in the first place.

> How does CapeDwarf capture the logs?

See the url above -- we define a new handler: org.jboss.capedwarf.shared.log.Logger

> I haven't seen any appender in the standard-capedwarf.xml configuration. How can I enable TRACE logging for org.infinispan without the logs being indexed by CapeDwarf?

As I said, it should already work that way -- but unfortunately it looks like it doesn't.

But, hopefully, this should work:
* you disable org.infinispan explicitly in GAE log file
--> https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/runtime#Logging

Add WEB-INF/logging.properties file with JUL logging config / properties to helloorm2.war (aka our ROOT.war).

HTH
Ping me on irc for any other issues.

-Ales