[infinispan-dev] a nice HTML5 console for Infinispan & a question on MBean names...

James Strachan james.strachan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:19:29 EDT 2013

Ah thanks Tristan!

So I just spent a while trying all kinds of CLI statements and getting
various parsing errors & was pretty confused. I was thinking there
must be something wrong with my setup / classpath as none of the
commands I tried on the wiki worked:
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/InfinispanCLI

after much dismay I started noodling all the junit test cases and
discovered the use of '";" as a terminator. And hey presto, adding ";"
on the end I can now actually execute commands :). Yay! (You might
want to make this a bit more clear on the Syntax section of the wiki
page)

I tried passing null as the sessionId; but then it doesn't know which
cache I want to execute the commands on; I guess I could try prefix
the command with some dummy command, like "cache foo; " + "get
'blah';" or something? Is there a command to say 'the next commands
operate on a named cache?".

Also it'd be awesome if there was a CLI command that could return the
keys (maybe using a range) so I could implement a cache browser by
just asking for keys 0..100 and then 100..200 etc; then for each key I
can then do a 'get $value;" command.

then I could do a little table UI for to browse the caches.

Anyway, thanks for all your help - we're getting more hawt! :)