[infinispan-dev] a nice HTML5 console for Infinispan & a question on MBean names...

James Strachan james.strachan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:31:18 EDT 2013

On 10 April 2013 14:26, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 04/10/2013 03:19 PM, James Strachan wrote:
>>
>> after much dismay I started noodling all the junit test cases and
>> discovered the use of '";" as a terminator. And hey presto, adding ";"
>> on the end I can now actually execute commands :). Yay! (You might
>> want to make this a bit more clear on the Syntax section of the wiki
>> page)
>
> Actually the antlr grammar defines EOF as a valid terminator and it works
> when issuing commands from the CLI. I need to check that.

Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me. No biggie though, I just chuck a ";"
at the end of the string if there's not one there already :)

>> I tried passing null as the sessionId; but then it doesn't know which
>> cache I want to execute the commands on; I guess I could try prefix
>> the command with some dummy command, like "cache foo; " + "get
>> 'blah';" or something? Is there a command to say 'the next commands
>> operate on a named cache?".
>
> cache namedcache;
> put a a;

Great!

>> Also it'd be awesome if there was a CLI command that could return the
>> keys (maybe using a range) so I could implement a cache browser by
>> just asking for keys 0..100 and then 100..200 etc; then for each key I
>> can then do a 'get $value;" command.
>>
> Yes there's a plan for that, although providing ranges/windowing is not
> easy.

Even just returning all the keys (with an optional maximum limit)
would be enough to create a little browser. Maybe having a pattern
match on keys/values might be nice too (to filter keys/values
returned)?

--
James
-------