[infinispan-dev] GSOC Project Idea - ODATA For Infinispan

Manik Surtani msurtani at redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 07:46:21 EDT 2013

Hi Siddharth.

Essentially, what we'd be looking for is an implementation of the protocol [1] over a REST endpoint.  We currently have a REST endpoint [2] [3], but this just uses basic HTTP verbs (GET, PUT, etc) to store and retrieve values.  It is pretty simple to write - it is just a Servlet with a bunch of JAX-RS annotations which then map on to invocations on a cache.  Perhaps follow a similar pattern and implement an alternate servlet that implements ODATA?

Cheers
Manik

[1] http://www.odata.org/
[2] https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/ISPN/Infinispan+REST+Server