[infinispan-dev] CHM or CHMv8?

Manik Surtani msurtani at redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 08:06:59 EDT 2013

On 19 Apr 2013, at 05:07, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org> wrote:

> Why not. Only doubt I'd have is that other usages of the CHM are - I guess - services registry and similar configuration tools, for which write performance is irrelevant: your test measured puts, are there drawbacks on gets or memory usage?

See the original announcement on concurrency-interest by Doug Lea, and the subsequent comments.  The design is up here too.  One of the goals was to drastically reduce memory usage with CHMv8.

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.jsr.166-concurrency/8140

Interestingly, Netty uses a backported CHMv8 as well - apparently inspired by our inclusion of it in Infinispan.  ;)

https://github.com/netty/netty/issues/1052

-M

manik at jboss.org
twitter.com/maniksurtani