[infinispan-dev] Classloading issue with multiple modules in AS7

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Apr 22 07:16:08 EDT 2013

On 22 April 2013 12:07, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 19 Apr 2013, at 18:02, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>
>> It turns out this resource loading issue is biting also community users;
>>
>> I had worked aroud the problem for deploymens in the AS7 modular
>> classloader by wrapping the configuration parser with the "right"
>> classloader:
>> https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-search/blob/master/hibernate-search-infinispan/src/main/java/org/hibernate/search/infinispan/impl/InfinispanConfigurationParser.java
>>
>> But today on IRC I had to point to this class as an example to another
>> user looking to run Infinispan in an isolated classloader.
>>
>> Maybe we should have an (optional) Parser API which takes explicit
>> classloaders ?
> +1
> When reading the metadata only, wouldn't it make sense to try and use both context and (fallback) class's class loaders? Would that solve the issue you reported?

Yes that would solve the issue. The Infinispan classloader could be
used first, as it's likely the correct one for most components?

It would likely be nicer for many users than to have to use CLs in the
API - or having to figure out why Infinispan is throwing an NPE in its
own initialization - still I guess some users might want to control
the CLs being used for these purposes. Implement both?

Cheers,
Sanne