[infinispan-dev] AdvancedCache.put with Metadata parameter

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 08:30:59 EDT 2013

On Apr 8, 2013, at 6:59 PM, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 04/08/2013 06:51 PM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
>> ^ That's certainly an option, but it's gotta be extensible (and
>> retrievable), so that server's can build on top of it. For example,
>> REST server might wanna add MIME info on top of it. It's got to be
>> able to extend Metadata concrete class, so that it can be passed in
>> (and of course, be able to retrieve it back), and this is more akward
>> with concrete classes as opposed to interfaces.
> Actually I'd like MIME info for HotRod too (or maybe just a way to
> deduct it from the data-type).

The Hot Rod protocol does not allow MIME to be sent it (yet), so the only way you'll be able to get MIME info is if either this is stored via embedded cache or REST endpoints, in which case, this info will need to be encoded into a byte[] somehow to be retrievable by Hot Rod, which will be something to be handled by the type converter… I haven't got a solution yet for this, but it'll be the next step.