[infinispan-dev] Granularity of cache store Git repositories

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed Aug 14 03:09:11 EDT 2013

On Aug 13, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org> wrote:

> On 13 August 2013 11:48, Mircea Markus <mmarkus at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 13 Aug 2013, at 11:40, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> We now have 8 separate git repositories for other cache stores in [1]. Doesn't this make it a royal PITA if we wanna change something for all cache stores? You'd have to send 9 pull requests!!
>>
>> Each cache store depends on a specific ISPN core version so they can be upgraded and released in isolation. I think both these can be achieved with some mvn tricks if all of them reside in the same repo - Tristan?
>
> mvn tricks? Just keep the project poms separate, but dumping them in
> the same repository.

Indeed. If we went this way, tagging might need adjusting when specific cache stores are released, i.e. JPA_CACHE_STORE_1.0.0.Final, MONGO_DB_2.1.0.Final…etc.

IMO, the separate repository per cache store would make sense if each cache store was maintained by a separate person, and this person would make sure that it's kept up to date, he/she releases it, they have their community or members who contribute to that cache store…etc. I don't think we're there yet though.

Cheers,