[infinispan-dev] Atomic Objects on top of Infinispan

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Sat Aug 31 08:05:35 EDT 2013

On 31 août 2013, at 12:33, Pierre Sutra <pierre.sutra at unine.ch> wrote:

>> ^ It'll be easier for you to keep up with the latest master changes in
>> upstream if you work on topic branches instead of your fork's master [1]
> If I understand correctly, this does not provide me with a copy on a
> remote stable storage. Besides, I am not the only one to work on these
> modifications.

I am not following your remark about remote stable storage completely but working on a topic branch is not different than working on master. It is literally just a different name. The big thing is that you then are able to work on different topics. Wen you need to work on a new topic, create a branch off upstream's master.

Wen you are ready to share - ie asap - simply push the topic branch on your github fork. The reviewer will then take your branch, rebase it off master if changes have happened since then, and push the new master.

If others work on your topic branch, they can add your remote repo, push their changes and offer you a pull request on your fork. I many ways, it is no different than the initial topic branch.

A few useful links

http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/HibernateMovesToGitGitTipsAndTricks
http://emmanuelbernard.com/blog/2010/05/31/git-how-my-life-has-improved-since-last-month-when-i-used-svn/