[infinispan-dev] Design of Remote Hot Rod events - round 2

Dennis Reed dereed at redhat.com
Fri Dec 6 12:38:08 EST 2013

On 12/06/2013 08:52 AM, Mircea Markus wrote:
> Some notes:
>
> "This means that the Hot Rod protocol will be extended so that operation headers always carry a Source ID field."
> - shall we add a new intelligence level to handle this? Besides reducing the payload, would allow upgrading the java and Cpp clients independently.

Instead of a new intelligence level, if the client told the server what
features it supports when connecting this could be done more fine-grained,
so that a client could support some subset of functionality (instead of
being forced to implement the specific extentions in one of the
pre-defined intelligence levels).

-Dennis