[infinispan-dev] manual eviction and indexing

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Dec 11 07:32:06 EST 2013

Hi Adrian,
+1 good catch.

but what's a realistic use case for {indexing + eviction + no cachestore} ?
I guess some use cases might exist but I don't think it's critical,
would you agree?

and what about automatic eviction?

I think the guiding principle should be that if an entry can be
retrieved by key it should be searchable, and vice-versa, if I can
find it by running a query I should be able to load the result.
So expiry and other forms of eviction should also be considered, but
if there is no practical use case we can consider making this an
illegal configuration or simply log a warning about the particular
configuration.

Sanne