[infinispan-dev] Clean ThreadLocals

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Dec 12 08:38:01 EST 2013

On 12 December 2013 11:02, Pedro Ruivo <pedro at infinispan.org> wrote:

> On 12/12/2013 10:35 AM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>> It all looks so much more complex than getting rid of this ThreadLocal?
>
> I would like to remove it but, by the comments, it looks like an
> optimization. It is keeping 6 Marshall and 6 UnMarshall instances to
> avoid creating them each time you need to (un)marshall an object.

Ah indeed I remember that one, that was an important optimization.
Sorry I got confused as I thought this discussion was about a
different TLocal.

Still, it would be nice to explore alternative solutions, including
contributing to the Marshaller project to better fit the Infinispan
requirements.

Sanne